Whether you wish to plan a funeral now or pre-plan for the future,
We are happy to provide you with all the resources required
during the planning process.
These days, more and more people are asking us about recording funeral service details in advance, so eventually their wishes will be carried out and their family spared unnecessary worry about the funeral arrangements and costs. Whether you wish to plan a funeral now or pre-plan for the future, we are happy to provide you with a free funeral pack which contains material about Osbornes Funeral Directors and the planning process.
Preplanning a Funeral
More and more people today are choosing to preplan their own or a loved one’s funeral as an alternative to having others make the decisions for them.
Three fundamental benefits of planning a funeral in advance are:
- The peace of mind that comes with knowing your wishes have been made known and the details taken care of.
- The comfort of knowing your family will not have to make funeral arrangement decisions during the difficult time of their initial grief.
- Assurance that informed, thoughtful decisions have been made about the funeral home provider, choice of service and costs.
Advance planning or prefunding your funeral can be an important part of estate planning. Whether you need additional information, simply want to document your wishes without paying or to arrange and prefund your funeral, your funeral director is ready to provide assistance. He or she is committed to explaining your options, thus allowing you to determine the most appropriate decisions for your situation.Download Pre Planning Guide
Reminder of things you may need to do
- Make a list of who to contact, and who will do it
- Clothing needs to be chosen and delivered to funeral director
- Details required for Order of Service/Hymn sheet (download useful information below)
- Arrange any special music selections
- Confirm catering requirements
- Research missing registration details
- Arrange Pallbearers
- Contact Estate Lawyer
- Contact Work & Income New Zealand (WINZ), with regard to all Pensions and available grants
- Consider final disposition of ashes. Feel free to contact us at any time to discuss the alternatives available. The ashes will be held at our office for a maximum period of 3 months from the date of the funeral service.
- Arrange for acknowledgement Cards if not answering expressions of sympathy by personal letter.
Pre-Paid Funeral Plan.
The Funeral Trust Pre-Paid Plan is of vital importance to anyone connected with the effective organisation of their private and personal affairs.
By arranging, and prepaying your funeral, you will save those close to you much additional stress at the time of your passing away.
You may like to pre-record the close family relationships and personal details that are so often lost completely, or are only partly known by children and grand children.
These records are essential to accurate registration of the appropriate papers at the time of your death.
The principal advantages are that you will know that these arrangements will be carried out accurately and with dignity and will not add to the emotional or financial stress of others closely involved.
All funds are held in The FDANZ Funeral Trust which is independently administered. A copy of the Trust Deed is available on request
Please call us on 07 348 3600 to have a free FDANZ Funeral Trust pack sent to you.Download Pre-Paid Plan
A bereavement in the family is an emotional and difficult time. At Osbornes Funeral Directors, our role is to ensure that arrangements are made according to your wishes and are carried out to the letter. Osbornes have been trusted by families for generations to make these arrangements and allow the family to have time to remember and grieve.
The funeral director will discuss with you the information required so that the burial or cremation can take place.
We understand Grief.
Grief is a natural emotion that follows death. It hurts. Sadness, denial, guilt, physical discomfort, and sleeplessness are some of the symptoms of grief. It is like an open wound which must become healed. At times, it seems as if this healing will never happen. While some of life’s spontaneity begins to return, it never seems to get back to the way it was. It is still incomplete. We know, however, that these feelings of being incomplete can disappear.
In this time of difficulty, we are here to assist you in any way that we can.